GJM Newsletters Help CFOs Stay Informed
As chief financial decision maker within a business, the role for many CFOs looks different today than it has in the past. It can often be a journey into uncharted waters. In 2018 this critical c-suite role involves not only company financials, but a broader vison, strategic thinking, trend watching and keeping up on developments with potential impact on the business, including:
- Sweeping tax reform
- The skilled labor shortage
- Safety regulations
- Changes in revenue recognition
- Blockchain & other technology
- Fraud and cyber threats
When you subscribe to accounting firm Gilmore Jasion Maher’s (GJM) industry-specific newsletters you’ll gain access to articles offering solutions and solving problems. You’ll receive insight from GJM experts and additional articles on accounting issues and topics that impact your bottom line.
- Personal and business tax strategy
- Best practices and trends
- Clarification and insight on federal tax changes
- Technology/cybersecurity content
- Information on cost control and tax credits
Here’s a look at some recent articles you missed if you weren’t subscribed:
- “Gilmore Jasion Mahler Experts Explain New Tax Law”
- “Tax Reform and Pass-through Entities”
- “Construction Accounting Update: New Revenue Recognition Rules to “Go Live” Soon”
- “The Contractor’s Corner-How Helpful are Digital Documents and E-signatures?”
- “Quality vs. Volume-How Should Physician Compensation be Determined?
- “Surviving and Thriving in a Changing Practice Landscape”
- “Beware of Procurement Fraud”
- “Economic Damages 101: Learn the ABCs of Calculating Lost Profits and Diminished Value”
- “Are Your Prices Too High, Too Low or Just Right?”
- “Smart Factories and Blockchain: How to Stay on the Cutting Edge of Technology”
- “Understanding “Nexus” – Know the Risks and Rewards of Operating Across State Lines”
GJM’s five quarterly newsletters include:
- Focus: A quarterly publication dedicated to covering such topics as strategic business planning, estate planning, employee issues, customer relations issues, personal tax planning, and other aspects of business management and personal finance.
- The Expert: The quarterly newsletter offers timely notifications on valuation and litigation support developments that may have an immediate impact on you and your business.
- Practice Management Advisor: A quarterly newsletter providing accounting, tax and practice management insights for the health care industry.
- On-Site: A quarterly newsletter providing accounting, tax and business insights for construction and real estate focused organizations.
- Manufacturer: Offers tax tips, news and information pertinent to the manufacturing and distribution industries. A quarterly publication, Manufacturer addresses the daily challenges facing manufacturers and distributors as well as strategic and long-term planning initiatives.
Signing up is simple. Just click here and start having timely accounting information delivered right into your inbox. You can also sign up by clicking the big blue "subscribe now" button at the top of the sidebar to the right of this blog article. To be sure you continue to receive GJM newsletter content, we recommend the following:
- Have your IT department add GJM’s domain name to your network’s whitelist. We recommend you also add the name of the platform we use to distribute our email newsletters, which is a company called BlueHornet (recently rebranded as Mapp Digital).
Domain names to add to your whitelist:
- Double check spam and junk folders/filters and if you find a GJM communication, be sure to mark the message as not spam, not junk or add sender to safe sender list.
Established in 1996, Gilmore Jasion Mahler, LTD (GJM) is the largest public accounting firm in Northwest Ohio, with offices in Maumee and Findlay. Locally owned, GJM offers cloud-based accounting services and provides comprehensive services including assurance, business advisory, tax, risk advisory and healthcare management. The Firm’s professionals specialize in industries including construction & real estate, healthcare, manufacturing & distribution and utilities.